4Pharma - Tailored services for research groups4Pharma is a Finnish-Swedish-Swiss service company, whose main products are clinical trials data management and statistical analysis. Most of our employees are trained statisticians – from graduating students up to PhDs.
Properly organized data management is one of the cornerstones of modern research. Our staff members have extensive experience in everyday clinical data management; this has given us the perspective to find an appropriate data collection method for many kinds of research projects. The solutions have ranged from fully electronic systems (eCRFs) to paper-based systems (pCRFs). We have even made it possible to enter the data directly to our own data management system via remote access. Regardless of the method chosen, our data management process has provided exceptional flexibility, quality and authenticity for numerous research projects. In many cases, even a simple consultation has played a key role in aiming at high-quality research data!
Our experience and competence in the life science sector are versatile. Thus, we have provided statistical expertise to a variety of research projects - especially in the fields of medicine, veterinary medicine, health economics and public health. We have had merely positive experiences in cooperating with the investigators: either we have worked for them as good as advisors or have taken care of all analyses of their study data. Hourly-based statistical consulting has been most fruitful already in the design phase, and the time spent to the analysis of the entire study has in turn depended strongly on the research area and amount of data collected. On average we can say it has taken from few days to week(s).
With our specialists’ help you will save your own resources – and most importantly- your research manuscript will certainly pass even the most stringent peer review. Below you will find some fine examples of published research papers with our statistician as a co-writer. Of the major contributors, Professor Heikki Joensuu has kindly promised to give references on the basis of our mutual collaboration.
- Joensuu H, Eriksson M, Sundby Hall K, Reichardt A, Hartmann JT, Pink D, Ramadori G, Hohenberger P, Al-Batran SE, Schlemmer M, Bauer S, Wardelmann E, Nilsson B, Sihto H, Bono P, Kallio R, Junnila J, Alvegård T, Reichardt P. Adjuvant Imatinib for High-Risk GI Stromal Tumor: Analysis of a Randomized Trial. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Jan 20;34(3):244-50.
- Santare D, Kojalo I, Huttunen T, Rikacovs S, Rucevskis P, Boka V, Leja M. Improving uptake of screening for colorectal cancer: a study on invitation strategies and different test kit use. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 May;27(5):536-43.
- Jalkanen A, Kauko T, Turpeinen U, Hämäläinen E, Airas L. Multiple sclerosis and vitamin D during pregnancy and lactation. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, 2014c. ISSN 1600-0404.
- Joensuu H, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen PL, Huovinen R, Jukkola-Vuorinen A, Tanner M, Asola R, Kokko R, Ahlgren J, Auvinen P, Hemminki A, Paija O, Helle L, Nuortio L, Villman K, Nilsson G, Lahtela SL, Lehtiö K, Pajunen M, Poikonen P, Nyandoto P, Kataja V, Bono P, Leinonen M, Lindman H; FinXX Study Investigators. Adjuvant capecitabine in combination with docetaxel and cyclophosphamide plus epirubicin for breast cancer: an open-label, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2009 Dec;10(12):1145-51.
- Grönthal T, Moodley A, Nykäsenoja S, Junnila J, Guardabassi L, Thomson K, Rantala M Large Outbreak Caused by Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius ST71 in a Finnish Veterinary Teaching Hospital – From Outbreak Control to Outbreak Prevention. PLoS ONE 9(10): e110084 (Oct 2014).
- Boström MM, Irjala H, Mirtti T, Taimen P, Kauko T, Ålgars A, Jalkanen S, Boström PJ. Tumor-associated macrophages provide significant prognostic information in urothelial bladder cancer. PLoS ONE, 10(7), 2015.
- Savolainen S, Telkänranta H, Junnila J, Hautala J, Airaksinen S, Juppo A, Raekallio M, Vainio O A novel set of behavioural indicators for measuring perception of food by cats. The Veterinary Journal, (June 2016), ISSN 1090-0233
- Kurki T, Himanen L, Vuorinen E, Myllyniemi A, Saarenketo AR, Kauko T, Brandstack N, Tenovuo O. Diffusion tensor tractography-based analysis of the cingulum: clinical utility and findings in traumatic brain injury with chronic sequels. Neuroradiology, 56(10), 2014.
- Leja M, Cine E, Rudzite D, Vilkoite I, Huttunen T, Daugule I, Rumba-Rozenfelde I, Pimanov S, Liepniece-Karele I, Pahomova J, Purmalis K, Eglitis J, Pirags V, Dzerve V, Erglis A. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection and atrophic gastritis in Latvia. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Dec;24(12):1410-7.
- Kunttu K, Pesonen T. Student Health Survey 2012: a national survey among Finnish university students. Helsinki: Finnish Student Health Service, Ylioppilaiden terveydenhoitosäätiön tutkimuksia 47 (2013). 407 s. ISMN 978-952-5696-37-0.
- Virtala A, Vilska S, Huttunen T, Kunttu K. Childbearing, the desire to have children, and awareness about the impact of age on female fertility among Finnish university students. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2011 Apr;16(2):108-15.